Skip to content

In the vicinity

Vineyard and Castle von Neveu         14

As early as 1613, the Rathsamhausen family’s vineyard was mentioned as Bruderhof. In 1661, Johannes Küffer, a doctor from Strasbourg, acquired the property. Between 1772 and 1775, it was then purchased by Freiherr Josef von Ried. He subsequently merged his properties – the former Bäuerlinshof, Leitersberger Hof, more vineyards, and in 1770 built Rittergut Hespengrund manor.

In 1828, the Reid heir Freiherr von Ritz sold the entire feudal estate to Freiherr Franz Anton von Neveu. After the Thirty Years’ War, his ancestor Carl Neveu de la Folie moved from the French Anjou province to Landvogtei Ortenau, serving as its administrator. Since then, the Neveu family has owned the estate and developed it into a modern and progressive vineyard that produces quality wines.

Freiherr von Ried developed his estate into a showpiece for plants and viticulture. The Margrave was interested in this, and the winery became famous all over Europe. The wines grown here were known as “Serenissimi Badensis Mundwein”.

Little castle around 1885; on the left, former Bäuerlinshof with stables.

WordPress Cookie Notice by Real Cookie Banner