Skip to content

In the vicinity

Former Gasthaus Deutscher Kaiser / Goldene Traube     20

The house’s history begins on 15/10/1813 with the purchase of the manorial Mühlberg vineyard by Johannes Borho, the castle cooper.

He also acquired two troughs, which indicate the farm’s importance. The first record of a ‘beer tavern’ under the name Zum Deutschen Kaiser dates back to 1833. Numerous changes of ownership then characterised the period until the 1920s.

The inn was hit hard in 1929. On 23 July 1929, the inn burnt down almost completely, probably caused by arson.

Andreas Hettig acquired the property in 1930 and built the new Gasthaus Zur Goldenen Traube, which the Hettig family ran until 2021.

It is assumed that the rock-cut cellar for storing beer was built on the same property as early as 1825.

The construction year of the cellar can be deduced from the brewer’s coat of arms with the initials KB visible at the entrance in the cellar arch.

WordPress Cookie Notice by Real Cookie Banner